Summer 2021 on Lake Garda
Summer is coming! For the summer, many tourists flock to the shores of Lake Garda every year, where art, culture and numerous events are framed in breathtaking landscapes and small villages. Here are some ideas for your unforgettable summer experience here at Lake Garda!
Lake Garda, also called Benaco, is the largest lake in Italy and is located between the regions of Lombardy, Veneto and Trentino Alto Adige. Surrounded by 25 villages and 5 islets, it hosts countless monuments, squares, gardens and fortresses that offer an overview of its history and why the lake has become the home of famous writers and painters over the years. Another point in favor is the climate that characterizes it; hot summers, sometimes hot but pleasant days and excellent for taking a dip and staying on the beach, and mild winters with little rain. The climate, moreover, favors the presence of local and genuine products known worldwide and appreciated by all, including olives, lemons, wines and truffles
Countries and villages not to be missed
Countries and villages not to be missed. Based on their position, the towns of Lake Garda are divided into three geographical areas. They take their name from the region they belong to and are so called:
Among the most infamous we undoubtedly find: Sirmione, Desenzano and Peschiera. Countries rich in beauty, history, activities and events throughout the year and finally with many beaches, lidos where the water is crystal clear. The following villages are undoubtedly noteworthy:
- Limone sul Garda: a town that extends along the high rocky walls north of Lake Garda and is the northernmost place in Italy where citrus crops can be found. Once the economy of this locality was based on fishing and the cultivation of olive groves and lemons. Even today there are traces of this agricultural past, in the pillars and walls of the lemon houses, the characteristic gardens where lemons are grown, and in the characteristic fishing port. A magnificent village that smells of tradition and Italy!
Salò: historically known for being the capital of the Italian Social Republic. Today it is characterized by the presence of buildings of great historical and artistic value, the suggestive and romantic lakefront with various beaches, and by breathtaking landscapes enriched with shops and clubs in a modern key.
Gardone Riviera: a few steps from the beautiful Salò, you are in this elegant village that welcomes visitors with the Grand Hotel, built in 1884, which stands out at the beginning of the lakeside promenade. by Gabriele D’Annunzio, the Vittoriale degli Italiani with immense gardens, palaces and the adjoining house museum of the artist. Also not to be missed are the fabulous botanical gardens of the André Heller Foundation, where you seem to travel between continents in the blink of an eye.
Summer on Lake Garda: where to swim on Lake Garda
We are not talking about the sea but as for beaches and crystal clear waters, Lake Garda does not miss anything. Here are some of the most beautiful beaches of Lake Garda:
- Pisenze beach – Manerba: located between the Isola dei Conigli (or Isola di San Biagio) and the Rocca di Manerba, it offers blue water in which the emerald green of the surrounding nature is reflected. From the beach you can reach the island of San Biagio with a walk, starting from Punta Belvedere.
- Baia bianca – Manerba (BS): characterized by white and very fine sand imported directly from the Caribbean!
- Jamaica Beach – Sirmione: at the extreme northern tip of the peninsula on which Sirmione is located, exactly under the famous Grotte di Catullo, is Jamaica Beach, a free beach, characterized by crystal clear water, thanks to the presence of slabs of rock that rise above the backdrop.
- Romantic Beach – Moniga: the largest and most famous in Moniga del Garda. beautiful and preferred by tourists in all seasons as it is exposed to the east and kissed by the sun throughout the day. Do not miss the romantic lakeside promenade, which offers contrasts between the blue of Lake Garda, the green of nature and the colors of the sunset.
Summer holidays 2021 on Lake Garda in safety at the Camping delle Rose
Staying on the shore with a lake view and surrounded by nature? Campeggio delle Rose is everything you are looking for for your summer on Lake Garda.
The Campeggio delle Rose, located 1 km from the town of Moniga del Garda, directly overlooks the lake and covers an area of 30,000 square meters.
The property has a beach, pier, boat slip, reception, bar, restaurant with pizzeria, as well as a relaxation area with wi-fi, salt water swimming pool and whirlpool.
Guests, welcomed by the friendly and professional staff of Campeggio delle Rose, can choose between various types of holidays: the choice ranges from Mobile Homes facing Lake Garda to Chalets and Bungalows, as well as pitches for tents and caravans.
Strictly following the government directives, Campeggio delle Rose is able to offer its customers maximum safety for its guests. The various accommodations available in fact guarantee the necessary privacy to be able to enjoy a holiday in serenity a stone’s throw from the shores of Lake Garda.
Lulled by the Garda breeze and reassured by the surrounding mountains, you can choose the most suitable accommodation for a safe summer holiday. Consult the website of the Campeggio delle Rose in Moniga del Garda for more information on the different accommodation solutions.