Summer 2022 at Lake Garda
Lake GardaLocated between Lombardy, Veneto and Trentino Alto Adige, Lake Garda (also called Benaco) is the biggest lake in Italy, and also one of the biggest tourist destinations for tourists all over the world. Its banks wet 25 suggestives villages, that offer monumets, gardens and fortresses capable of telling the memorable history of Lake Garda. The weather, mild during the year and hot in the summer, is ideal for pleasant days at the beach, but also for the blossoming of food excellences of the italian territory, for example oranges, lemons, olives, wines and truffles.
Summer 2022 at Lake Garda: must-see villages and citiesThe cities along the Lake Garda banks are divided in three geographical areas: the “bresciana” side, the “trentino” side and the veronese shore. As the most famous and must-see villages, here is our advice:
- Sirmione: in the province of Brescia, Lombardy, Sirmione is one of the most known villages in Garda lake. Its countless architectures, such as the Scaligero Castle, tell the story of its previous nature as a militar outpost. Sites like the outstanding grotte di Catullo, the roman domus from 2000 years ago, are among the strenghts of Sirmione.
- Desenzano: with its almmonst 30.000 inhabitants, Desenzano del Garda is the most populated of the cities in Lake Garda and it is also under the Brescia province. The Castle, the Duomo of Santa Maria Maddalena and Malvezzi square represent important cultural places that are a definetly a must-see.
- Peschiera: located in the Verona province, in the extrem west of Veneto, Peschiera del Garda offers unique sites, such as its famous fortress and the pile dwelling site Belvedere (dating back to the Bronze Age), that are part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site list.
- Limone sul Garda: this village, despite having around 1000 inhabitants, has become a famous tourist destinations thanks to its extraordinary lemons and olives cultivations.The village is also more peculiar thanks to the presence of a particulare protein that, stimulating longevity, has granted different residents the ability to exceed 100 years of age.
- Salò: founded by the Romans, the Salò municipality is mostly known for being the capital of the Italian Social Republic during World War II. Here, historical buildings mix with outstanding landscapes and the many more modern and dynamic places .
- Gardone Riviera: very close to Salò, the village of Gardone Riviera is mostly known thanks to the majestic residence of the writer Gabriele d’Annunzio, the “Vittoriale degli Italiani”. This villa includes numerous buildings, gardens, squares, an open-air theatre and the house museum of the poet. Noteworthy are the colorfoul botanical gardens, that make the visit to Gardone Riviera a must-see.
Summer 2022 at Lake Garda: things to do
Beyond the magnificent towns and villages to visit, Lake Garda is a very common tourist destination. This is also thanks to its numerous beaches and the various activities that can be carried out along its shores in summer.
Where to swim in Lake Garda: le spiagge
Many tourists come to Lake Garda because, only at a short distance from urban realities, they have the opportunity to swim in beautiful beaches. Among the best, the followings are definetly worth being mentioned:
- Pisenze beach (Manerba): the blue of the water and the emerald green of nature come together to create a breathtaking landscape for visitors.
- Baia Bianca (Manerba): the white and pristine sand, hence the name of the bay, is imported directly from the beaches of the Caribbean.
- Jamaica Beach (Sirmione): located under the Grotte di Catullo, when you visit Sirmione you must swim in the crystal clear waters of the Jamaica Beach.
- Romantic beach (Manerba): in the charming town of Moniga del Garda, the Romantic Beach is one of the most liked destinations for tourists for a summer on Lake Garda. The beach is ideal for couples, thanks to the presence of a fascinating lakeside promenade.
For families who prefer to enjoy the outstanding italian waterparks, the choice is wide. Cavour Waterpark (Valeggio sul Mincio), Caneva Aquapark (Fossalta), Le Ninfee del Garda (Desenzano), are just some of the many parks where you can spend your day relaxing and having fun.
Noteworthy, on the south of Lake Garda, there is a park that to define “aquatic” would be an understatement, being the largest amusement park in Italy: Gardaland. Here, between games and shows for children and adults, fun is guaranteed, and visiting it is a must.
What to do at Lake Garda: 2022 cultural eventsRegarding art, the possibilities for those who will visit Lake Garda in the summer of 2022 are countless. Until July 17th, the Castle of Desenzano del Garda will host the exhibition dedicated to the famous English artist Bansky, but also various exponents of international Street Art, including Jean-Michel Basquiat, Keith Haring and Obey. Until July 30 several evenings will be hosted from sunset to midnight near the Grotte di Catullo. Here, the installations of the artist Vera Uberti, the special guest David LaChapelle and the vast gastronomic offer offer a highly suggestive experience.
Music will reign the summer of 2022 on Lake Garda. First of all, the Vittoriale degli Italiani will host a month of concerts between June 25th and July 25th, with guests of the caliber of James Blunt, Diana Krall and Paolo Nutini. On August 6th, in the town of Torbole Elisa will perform with the concert of the”Back to the Future Live Tour”. Much of the summer, until August 26th, will be accompanied by the Malcesine Music Festival, where several concerts will take place every evening.It is known, Italy is the home of good food. Tourists who come near Lake Garda, specifically in Bardolino, will be able to enjoy the “Aperitivo” under the stars. Here, food and wine stands and outdoor shows will brighten the magical night of San Lorenzo on August 10th. The Grape and Wine Festival will also be held in the same location between 29th September and 3rd October, with kiosks, promotional stands of Bardolino wine and culinary tastings. The summer season on Lake Garda will end with the Paths of Flavors in Tremosine: 4 dates, between 17th September and 22nd October, will allow visitors to discover the territory but above all the culinary specialties of the area, including saffron, fish and fresh pasta.
2022 Lake Garda sport events
For tourists who want to take advantage of the paradisiacal areas of Lake Garda for physical activity, there will be the opportunity to participate in many sports competitions. On 10th July, in Pieve di Ledro, there will be the Triathlon, while the 29th July in Arco the Rockmaster Festival will host the challenges of the best climbers in the world. A little break during the hot heat of August, then we leave again at the beginning of September in Bogliaco (province of Brescia). Here, on 3rd and 4th September, two spectacular sailing regattas will be held, named the Gorla Trophy and the 72nd Centomiglia.
The waters of the lake also host the traditional Regata delle Bisse, a rowing race full of historic boats that includes many stops throughout the summer of 2022.
Summer 2022 at Lake Garda: where to stayBy now you will have understood that spending your summer at Lake Garda will definetly be an unforgettable, meaningful experience. Now you only have to find out which is the best choice for your accomodation.
Moniga del Garda
Tourist town of the Brescian Riviera, it could be that Moniga takes its name from the Greek goddess Diana Munichia, although many say it derives from the German “Morn”, which means “exposed in the morning”Rich in stilts aging back to the Bronze Age, Moniga del Garda is an interesting city reachable by highway (A4 Torino/Venezia Desenzano Exit ) or by train, with the Desenzano train stop only a few kms from Moniga. Monica del Garda is also easy to reach thanks to the close airports of Verona, Bergamo and Brescia. What strikes about Moniga del Garda is the preserved rustic aspect of the agricultural village. The lakeside promenade is also very suggestive, and in the summer is teeming with tourists. Worthy of note, for those staying at the outstanding Camping delle Rose in Moniga, are the Baroque style church dedicated to San Martino or the Castle of Moniga. You can also enjoy a good dinner with the freshest fish from the lake, accompanied by the famous chiaretto wine of Moniga del Garda. It’s definitely a must in this precious town.
Camping delle RoseThe vast structure of the Camping delle Rose includes a private beach, reception, bar, restaurant with pizzeria, playground and a relaxation area with WiFi, salt water swimming pool and whirlpool. A professional but easy-going staff, and strictly reserved accommodations, guarantee guests a holiday in total serenity. The accomodation offers for those who will stay at Camping delle Rose are numerous and will allow tourists to have a safe summer vacation:
- Mobile-homes, presenti in varie versioni, tra cui Luxury, Suit e Comfort
- Chalet on the Lake Garda
- Bungalow on the Lake Garda